Receiver-In-The-Ear Styles (RITE, RIC)
Receiver-In-The-Ear (RITE) – sometimes also called Receiver-In-The-Canal (RIC) – hearing instruments include a case that sits behind your ear.
But unlike traditional
Behind-The-Ear (BTE) devices, the receiver (or “loudspeaker”) piece goes inside your ear. This allows these devices to be smaller than BTEs.
- Available in mini or micro sizes
- All components except receiver contained in a case worn behind the ear
- Sound directed into the ear canal through receiver unit
- Can be fit with standard domes or custom earmolds
- Virtually unnoticeable when worn
- For mild to severe hearing losses
- Variety of color options available
Products featuring RIC models:
One step smaller
Sonic RITEs take size — but not performance — down a notch.